OEM Tube Assemblies is a manufacturer of tubing headers and assemblies for the HVAC and refrigeration industries. Established in 1995, we have grown to 2 locations in Clarksville, TN and Chipley, FL. Since then we have continued to be a customer-focused leader in the copper world.
The Brazer is responsible for performing all tasks involved in the brazing of standard and non-standard assemblies, such as headers, u-bends, fittings, distributors, etc.
- Reads job specifications to determine proper torch tips, flux, brazing alloys, and any other material requirements.
- Reads routers (work instructions), performs work, and complete tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimal supervision.
- Obtain First Piece Validation from the designated validator on the shift.
- Inspect pieces at various intervals up to 100% inspection as required.
- Troubleshoot and determine corrective action for parts and methods when necessary.
- Detects and reports defective materials, questionable conditions, or incorrect routers to the shift supervisor, engineering, or quality control.
- Place any scrap in the designated scrap bin for your work area.
- Follow standard work methods to ensure production is as efficient as possible.
- Practice safe work habits.
- Clean brazing station/area daily.
- Responsible for the 5S housekeeping system within assigned work areas by maintaining the work area and keeping the equipment in a clean orderly condition.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and EDUCATION
- High School Diploma/GED or two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Must be able to utilize tape measure, decimal and fraction.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and follow routers (work instructions)
- Must be able to use basic handheld tools.
- Basic knowledge of brazing functions, procedures, tools, and machinery
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in standing position throughout shift.
- Work involves lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds.
- Work involves standing, walking, and lifting during shift schedule.
- Work involves holding a brazing torch steady at approximate shoulder height
- Exposure to heat from brazing torch.
- Exposure to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable or hazardous.
- Noise level is normal for a manufacturing environment.
Click the link below to apply today!