At Trane TechnologiesTM and through our businesses including Trane® and Thermo King®, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world. We’re a team that dares to look at the world’s challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
The Trane Clarksville Facility Engineer should be knowledgeable of building electrical system and equipment, such as lighting, power distribution equipment, motor control centers, high voltage switchgear and back-up generators. The preferred candidate will also possess knowledge of mechanical systems including HVAC, pneumatics, hydraulics, steam, condensate, cooling water, city water, natural gas, propane, tracer gas and refrigerant. Many of these systems include distribution piping, pumps, valves, tanks and controls.
- Manage and execute the operation and ongoing maintenance of all building mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, phone, fire systems, security systems and buildings/grounds
- Manage daily facility management tasks to optimize building performance in order to meet annual energy and water conservation goals
- Project management, supervision and coordination of work of contractors on routine facility continuous improvement projects and emergency / urgent situations
- Comply with all local, State and Federal guidelines as it relates to facility
- Act as Maintenance Manager during project execution as needed
- Provide technical support for Safety, Production, Quality and Maintenance
- Assist with strategic planning of projects to achieve business objectives
- Coordinate a variety of facility-related projects including electrical and mechanical portion of new construction, new equipment installation and relocation of existing equipment and or processes
- Work on special projects as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Five years work experience in a Facilities/Maintenance or Manufacturing environment required
- Strong experience in electrical and mechanical equipment, systems and manufacturing processes
- Financial proficiency in managing budgets and project plans
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a team player with ability to effectively build relationships with employees at all levels
- Strong negotiation and contracting skills with mechanical/electrical contractors
- Read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- AutoCAD and MS Office proficient
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.