McIntosh Construction, an Arcosa Company, is seeking motivated, punctual, and safety-focused Base Crew Loader/Roller Operator for our Asphalt Construction operation in Clarksville, TN. The successful candidate for this role will have previous experience operating a large-size bucket loader and an uncompromising focus on safety excellence. May be required to operate various other pieces of heavy equipment such as a vibratory rock roller at the discretion of the operations manager and foreman.
McIntosh Construction was founded in 1966 as a grading and utility contractor that evolved into an asphalt paving and curb/gutter for all types of commercial, municipal and DOT projects.
What you’ll do:
- Must have at least one-year experience operating a large wheeled bucket loader
- Experience operating a vibratory rock roller
- Knowledge of equipment/tools and their uses.
- Knowledge of basic measurements, and how to read a tape measure.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must be able to walk, stoop, squat, sit and kneel on a regular basis.
- Must be able to shovel and do hand work as needed
- Will be expected to perform other manual tasks and duties as assigned by Foreman.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Must be Drug Free and able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check.
- Must have reliable transportation to get back and forth to work each day
What you’ll need:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructed furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to get along with others and have a positive attitude.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful traffic or other situations.
Company benefits include:
- Group insurance options plus Health Savings Account with annual company contribution.
- Company paid life insurance, disability insurance, and more.
- Retirement 401(k) with company contribution and match.
- 11 paid holidays.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Annual performance-based merit increases.
- Quarterly safety bonuses.