Our Master Scheduler is responsible for supporting production control management in planning, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring jobs through the complete production cycle. The incumbent provides expertise in scheduling work as well as providing informal work direction and guidance to the scheduling and production control team, serving as a technical expert in this area.
This position effectively creates, directs and coordinates the scheduling of work, providing guidance and/or training to other members of the scheduling team and developing and documenting procedures as needed.
The Master Scheduler also serves as the scheduling software expert and will be responsible for systems implementation, updates and testing, working directly with management, running queries and preparing information and reports.
This position requires learning and maintaining ample knowledge of our products, processes and services; and the individual will have to demonstrate a clear understanding of how to schedule and release all production jobs based upon knowledge of capacity, priority requirements, equipment and materials available while utilizing software such as Excel, MS Access, EFI, and other systems to provide continuous production flow and on-time delivery for our customers.
The Master Scheduler will also support and partner with continuous improvement engineers to drive process improvement and safety goals as needed for the Plant.
- B.S.in Business, Production/Operations Management, Planning, Engineering, and/or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of experience as Master Scheduler, Production Control and/or Planning Manager.
- Management experience in a team-based environment.
- Advanced proficiency working/building Excel Spreadsheets, as well as MS Office Suite, MS Access, ERP, and/or equivalent software.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent planning, scheduling and organizational skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication, influencing, and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of EFI systems a plus.
- Printing experience in a Yearbook and/or Commercial Printing environment.
- Basic Knowledge of 5S Methodologies and Lean Manufacturing.
- Exposure and knowledge of Continuous Improvement initiatives.