To be considered for this position, you must apply on the Fortera website. Apply at https://www.forteracu.com/careers
Member Advisor Hopkinsville, KY
Salary Range: $16.00-$22.00/hr. Depending on experience.
$1,000 sign-on bonus for all new Member Advisors.
$500 after successful completion of 90 Day Introductory Period and $500 after six months of employment.
Responsible for performing a variety of member transactions with an emphasis on loan and new account origination. Conducts consultative member interviews to uncover member needs and recommends appropriate products and services. Generates new business from existing and potential members. Provides exceptional external and internal member service with a smile. Performs Teller transactions as needed based on needs of branch.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
Assumes responsibility for meeting established sales & service goals
- Attains a minimum of 85% or higher overall on individual scorecard
- Actively cross-sell and identify credit union products and services that align with member’s financial needs. Refer to internal/external business partners as necessary
- Maintain established minimum score for NPS member transaction surveys
- Protect member and credit union assets by meeting and/or exceeding established ancillary product penetration goals.
Assumes responsibility for the effective and professional performance of member service functions.
- Presents and explains Credit Union services and products to members and assists in meeting their financial needs. Opens and closes accounts. Orders checks for members’ accounts. Completes payroll deduction and authorization forms.
- Answers questions and solves problems for members by listening to problems, collecting data, securing answers, and reporting results to the inquiring party. Resolves member bookkeeping and account problems. Takes stop payment orders.
- Receives and directs members and telephone calls. Responds to inquiries and questions if possible or directs them as necessary. Records and relays messages.
- Performs file maintenance and account changes as needed.
- Keeps members informed of Credit Union products & services including types of available accounts, interest and dividend rates, payroll deduction options, and other related services.
- Maintains and projects the Credit Union’s professional reputation. Maintains privacy of member account information.
- Satisfactorily completes all required compliance training and complies with all regulations which apply within the scope of the position to include OFAC, Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering Act and USA Patriot Act compliance. Utilize CRM to track leads, referrals, outbound calling, and appointments.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and working relationships with area personnel and with management.
- Assists area personnel as required.
- Keeps supervisor informed of area activities and of any significant problems or concerns.
- Completes required reports and records accurately and promptly.
- Adheres to assigned schedule & break periods. Regular attendance & punctuality are required.
- Attends and participates in all meetings, trainings and committees as required.
Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective, and accurate performance of teller functions.
- Represents the Credit Union in a courteous and professional manner.
- Receives share deposits and loan payments.
- Processes cash advances, travel cards, gift cards, cashiers’ checks, money orders, the wiring of funds, share withdrawals, transfers, & stop payments.
- Verifies transactions. Monitors deposit amounts and examines documents for endorsement and negotiability. Detects and resolves discrepancies promptly.
- Balances daily transactions and verifies cash totals. Investigates, reports and resolves out-of-balance conditions.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Performs drive-up service, night drop, safe deposit box, and ATM and coin machine functions as assigned.
- Participates in community and civic events to promote awareness of the Credit Union in the community.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Overview of Sr. member advisor role GRADE: 7
Performs Teller functions on an on-going, routine basis. Performs new account and basic sales functions. Responsible to cross sell, open, and maintain investment accounts to include Share Certificates and IRAs. Requires completions of the Share Certificate and IRA training and certification, and once complete, proficiency in skills must be demonstrated. Develops product and consumer loan knowledge. Must complete training to process and disperse loan funds on approved loans and demonstrate a proficiency in these tasks through use of the obtained skills within six month of hire date.
Senior Member Advisor
(*Minimum of 6 to 12 months experience performing the following member sales and services proficiently)
- Performs branch opening/closing activities.
- Educates members and prospective members of CU Products & Services to include demonstrations of online and mobile banking services.
- Processes mortgage loan applications.
- Opens Business Accounts.
- Acts a branch mentor and role-model for all new hires.
- Promotes and attends Fortera-At-Work on-sight visits.
3 Key Additional Responsibilities:
- Assists with leading and directing daily activities and branch staff.
- Performs vault teller duties, check acceptance approval authority.
- Obtains Fortera Financial Counseling Certification
- Member Advisor functions are efficiently, effectively, and accurately performed in accordance with established policies, standards, and security procedures.
- Monies are balanced and any discrepancies promptly reported and resolved.
- Cross sells all Credit Union products and services to include Payment Protection.
- Meets or exceeds loan, deposit and referral performance goals assigned by the Credit Union.
- Good business relations exist with internal and external members. Members’ problems or questions are courteously and promptly resolved.
- Good working relationships and coordination exist with area personnel and with management. Assistance is provided to all CU staff as needed. Supervisors are appropriately informed of area activities.
- Required reports and records are accurate, complete, and timely.
- Ensures the Credit Union’s professional reputation is maintained and conveyed.
- Maintains minimum established standards for member service surveys.
- Maintains minimum established share/draft ratio of 80%.
- Builds lasting relationships with members.
- Individual Sales and Service standards are met.
- Fortera’s core values are satisfactorily demonstrated.
Special Note: Fortera Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, religious preference, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other trait protected by state or federal law.
Please be advised, visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written).
- Accurately assesses cultural environment, exhibiting emotional intelligence and appropriate sensitivity while maintaining individuality.
- Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
- Good math skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to operate PC, related software applications and standard office equipment.
- Must have the ability to work independently, as a team, and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work well under pressure while always promoting a professional image of the Credit Union.
- Must be able to meet deadlines while maintaining and effective and efficient workflow.
- Ability to meet assigned goals within specified timelines.
- Ability to work in a cooperative manner with others.
- Required to work at any Credit Union location that may include extended hours, holidays or Saturdays.
- Regular, predictable attendance.
Physical Activities and Requirements
- Bending downward and forward at the waist. Requires full use of lower extremities and back muscles.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Using the upper body to press against something with steady force.
- Using the upper body to draw, drag, haul or tug objects.
- Use of the upper body and back muscles to lift objects.
- Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Average Visual Abilities:
- Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Exerting up to 50 lbs. occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently.
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
Mental Activities and Requirements
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
- Ability to perform basic math skills and to use decimals to compute ratios and percent’s, and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to use passive vocabulary of 5-6,000 words; to read at a slow rate; define unfamiliar words in dictionaries for meaning, spelling, and pronunciation.
- Ability to write complex sentences, using proper punctuation, and use adjectives and adverbs.
- Ability to communicate in complex sentences; using normal word order with present and past tenses; using a good vocabulary.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of six months’ experience in Retail Sales.
- Knowledge of financial services industry preferred.
- Consumer Lending experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Teller and Member Advisor operations and procedures preferred.