To be considered for this position, you must apply on the Fortera website. Apply at: https://www.forteracu.com
Responsible for graphic design, multimedia production, copywriting, public relations, and marketing support functions to further short and long-term Credit Union objectives. Plans, analyzes, and facilitates the creation of visual designs for digital and print needs, including marketing and campaign materials, advertisements, event graphics, flyers, brochures, programs, posters, newsletters, invitations, reports, and digital content including websites and social media platforms. Serves as Fortera’s primary photographer and videographer. Coordinates activities with outside printers, service agencies, advertisers, and vendors to complete projects within scheduled deadlines and ensure that printed materials are of the highest quality. Provides support to the marketing team and other departments on special projects and copy writing. Responsible for providing excellent marketing support through promotion of Credit Union products and services to members and the public.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Multimedia and Graphic Design
Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of multimedia and graphic design duties.
- Drive innovation with creative execution across all print and digital mediums as assigned.
- Design and produce high-end visual, textual, and animated content that engages website and social media viewers.
- Record and edit audio and video files ensuring correct formatting and presentation for finalized videos according to job specifications.
- Collaborate and create content for social media in collaboration with Marketing staff.
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements, ensuring final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Work closely and collaborate with cross-functional teams to produce internal and external deliverables as directed.
- Follow brand standards and actively develop graphic standards. Ensures that graphic design activities and written materials support the image and vision of the marketing plan.
- Conducts research on media techniques, design trends and latest software platforms.
- Develops promotional material for campaigns smaller in nature, more immediate, or not on the marketing calendar when assigned.
- Maintain absolute accuracy and attention to detail throughout the creative and production process.
- Maintain and update content templates to ensure accurate and efficient design production.
- Assists in preparation of professional presentations as assigned.\
- Meets scheduled deadlines.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective working relations, communication, and coordination with Credit Union personnel and management.
- Consults with other departments to develop designs and materials which support strategic objectives.
- Works with the marketing team on the inception and development of creative ideas and concepts related to individual campaigns. Provides suggestions, ideas, and support to area personnel. Assists with special projects as needed.
- Works with marketing team to coordinate completion of projects within established schedules and budgets.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Attends and participates in marketing meetings as required.
Assumes responsibility for ensuring that professional business relations exist with members, vendors, media contacts, and external business contacts.
- Builds and maintains professional relationships with agency partners, vendors, media contacts, and trade professionals.
- Resolves requests, questions, and problems courteously and professionally. Ensures communications are efficient and effective.
- Ensures that public relations and marketing activities create positive member, prospective member, and community responses.
- Resolves questions, requests, and problems promptly and courteously.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Serve as the primary company photographer and videographer.
- Participates in community and civic events to promote awareness of the Credit Union in the community.
- Stays current with financial marketing and public relations trends.
- Attends and participates in all required Credit Union meetings, trainings, and committees.
- Satisfactorily completes all required compliance training and complies with all regulations which apply within the scope of the position to include Bank Secrecy Act compliance.
- Stays current on new operational procedures.
- Completes special projects as assigned by management.
- Ensures that work area and assigned equipment are clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Design assignments are completed professionally and promptly. Deadlines are met.
- Layouts complement strategic marketing objectives and enhance product expansion.
- Marketing personnel are well assisted and supported. Ideas and suggestions are provided.
- Effective working relations and coordination exist with Credit Union personnel. Assistance and support are provided as needed.
- The Credit Union’s quality image is projected through marketing materials.
- Positive community, media, and business relations exist with external service providers (vendors, printers, etc.).
- The Credit Union’s professional standards are maintained, and good business relations exist with members.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Fortera Core Values are satisfactorily demonstrated.
Special Note: Fortera Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy genetic information, religious preference, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other trait protected by state or federal law.
Please be advised, visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Accurately assesses cultural environment, exhibiting emotional intelligence and appropriate sensitivity while maintaining individuality and authenticity
- Preference for working in organizations that place priority on personal humility, diversity, inclusion, teamwork, and collaboration.
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven multimedia and graphic design experience
- Strong portfolio of design work
- Creative and artistic
- Keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain an effective and efficient workflow
- Ability to work independently, as a team, and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in cooperative manner with others.
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to use various graphic design, image and video software packages
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Ability to work well under pressure while always promoting a professional image of the Credit Union
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Required to work at any Credit Union location that may include extended hours, holidays, or Saturdays.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
- Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Average Visual Abilities:
- Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products or operate machinery.
- Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally. (Almost all office jobs.)
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
- Ability to perform very basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing two-digit numbers; to perform the four basic arithmetic operations with money; to perform operations with units such as inch, foot, and yard; ounce and pound (or their metric counterparts).
- Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instruction manuals, atlases, and encyclopedias.
- Ability to prepare memos, reports, and essays using proper punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Ability to communicate distinctly with appropriate pauses and emphasis; correct pronunciation (or sign equivalent) and variation in word order; using present, perfect, and future tenses.
- Associate degree in graphic design, art, or a related field, or equivalent field experience preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proficient in multimedia and graphic design and related software including Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of pre-press processes including color techniques, digital file formats, document set-up, typesetting rules, and printing options and techniques.
- Proficient in photography and videography.
- Understanding of different digital mediums (website, social) and file optimizations for each.
- Working knowledge of credit union and financial industry developments, trends, programs, products & services preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in graphic design or related experience