TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE PLEASE CLICK HERE: https://www.teamworkonline.com/hockey-jobs/nashville-predators/sabertooth-sports-entertainment-jobs/operations-conversion-manager-2025640
|Job Title:||Operations/Conversion Manager|
|Employer:||Sabertooth Sports & Entertainment (“SS&E”)|
|Job Location:||F&M Bank Arena (Clarksville, TN) (“FMBA”)|
|Job Reports to:||Director, Facility Operations|
|About the Role:||F&M Bank Arena is a new arena in Clarksville TN which includes two sheets of ice and a practice basketball court for APSU. The Operations/Conversion Manager will be responsible for managing and coordinating all conversions and operations activities to ensure maximum efficiency in the use of the facility.|
|Perks:||In addition to medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, (active the first of the month following hire date) all full-time employees of the SS&E are eligible for the following: referral bonuses, 401K eligibility (after 1 year of employment), priority access to event presales at FMBA and Bridgestone Arena , tickets to events (when available), Nashville Locker Room (pro shop) discount, 19+ days of paid time off each year, work from home opportunities (if applicable), Ford Ice Center programming discount, on demand pay, and bonus potential.|
|Equal Opportunity Employer:||SS&E is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability status, genetic information, or any other applicable federal or state protected classification. The organization celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
- Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling, and managing the operations department set-up crew employees and any temporary or subcontract labor needed for special facility maintenance projects.
- Responsible for appearance and upkeep of FMBA property, including the ice rink, event operations related equipment and other systems required for safe and efficient operation, including but not limited to retractable seating, coolers, state equipment, etc.
- Supervise operations employees and over-see contractors to ensure safety and technical specifications are met.
- Responsible for creating and implementing safety policies, procedures, and training for operations employees.
- Oversee the facility event set-ups ensuring all are completed accurately, safely and on schedule.
- Conduct daily building walk-through to ensure that all operations equipment is stowed safely and in the correct storage place, maintaining shop, marshalling and operations storage areas, as well as mechanical and equipment rooms.
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, expedite workflow, examine work for completeness and quality and determine equipment or materials needed to perform work.
- Document all occurrences during set-ups including employee accidents or injuries, facility or equipment damage or misuse, and disciplinary problems with regular or temporary operations employees.
- Attend operations department planning sessions.
- Communicate effectively in an oral and written manner.
- Respond to visual and audible building alarms from building automation and life safety systems.
- Participate in continuous education regarding TOSHA and OSHA standards and safety regulations by attending workshops and trainings and participating in webinars.
- Enforce safety protocols to ensure work areas consistently meet or exceed TOSHA/OSHA safety standards.
- Operate and ability to train others in use of forklifts, boom lifts, scissor lifts, cargo trucks, Zambonis.
- Direct and plan proper set up and maintenance of storage areas, tables, pipe and drape, skirting, seating, retractable and fixed seating, subfloor, fold and roll staging, main staging barricades, basketball floor.
- Identify, supervise, and perform proper repairs, handling, and installation of all equipment.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information to develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; use reason and good judgment when dealing with difficult or emotional situations.
- Manage the safety and cleanliness of the loading dock area, and street entrance leading to the loading dock entrance.
- Manage operations equipment, including ensuring maintenance, safety, and cleanliness and maintain inventory of supplies or materials needed for operations duties, including but not limited to propane.
- Participate in set-up and disassembly of stage equipment, hockey glass, ice floor covering, dasher boards, meeting rooms, concourse set-ups, dressing rooms and other event related equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair of facility permanent and telescoping seating.
- Develop and perform pre/post event or conversion inspections and document with completed checklists.
- Develop and perform cleaning and maintenance on operations department equipment, keep work areas and equipment organized and functional.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Two-year technical school or college degree in Facility Management required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a public assembly facility operations or maintenance department.
- Knowledge and experience with a CMMS work order system for all work orders, preventative maintenance, and reports/documentation.
- Must be knowledgeable of and adhere to safety regulations set forth by OSHA/TOSHA.
- Possess operational knowledge of and maintain current training on event related equipment and moving equipment (forklift, scissor lift, Zamboni, etc.).
- Proper handling and installation of all operations tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of equipment, tools and practices used in converting facilities to and from various configurations.
- Ability to read set up diagrams for lay out and installation of seating, staging, basketball flooring, transition flooring and ice floor cover and carpet.
- Possess a safety-focused, communicative, and proactive mindset.
- Ability to read and write and to follow written and oral instructions and complete standardized checklist forms.
- Supervisory experience and proven experience dealing with a wide range of individuals including students.
- Required to be on call to respond to emergency call-ins outside of normal shift hours to address critical issues or ice/snow removal.
- The selected candidate must be able to work evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicants will be subject to a background check, including a criminal history check, driving history and character references.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, possess a suitable driving history and be insurable by Nashville Predators’ insurance carrier (without conditions).
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, dust, and loud noise.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent speaking and listening skills, requiring the perception of speech.
- Ability to work long and/or irregular hours and be on your feet for a prolonged period of time.
- Good physical condition and health, sufficient strength and stamina needed for heavy, awkward, and repeated lifting of up to 75 lbs., carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- Capable of performing heavy manual labor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read set up diagrams for events.
- Ability to walk and stand on concrete and uneven surfaces for at least 8 hours per day.
- Ability to carry, move, bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to work in different degrees of heights, up to 100 feet on occasion.
- Ability to work in extreme temperature changes from ice arena to outdoors in inclement weather.
- Office Equipment (PC based desktop, Multi-line Phone System, etc.)
- Various power and hand tools.
- Light trucks, scrubbing machines, forklift, suction cups, pallet jacks, scissor lifts, boom lifts, man lifts, and other light duty machinery.
- Motor Vehicle.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments.