To be considered for this position, you must apply on the Fortera website. Apply at https://www.forteracu.com/careers
• ID:537 – 064
Responsible for the coordination, communication and accurate reporting of all project related activities under the supervision of the Vice President, Digital Strategy. Helps ensure the project meets the credit unions strategic objectives, as well as deliver them on time and on budget, with a strong focus on quality management. Approaches projects, challenges, and interactions with a collaborative “no excuses” mindset. This role has ultimate responsibility for all assigned projects and manages customer satisfaction, definition, planning, monitoring, resource allocation, and others aspects of a project. Working as part of the Project Management team, drives enterprise-wide and department-specific projects that are critical to the success of the Credit Union
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Drives development and execution of project plans by working with project team to define, sequence, and estimate duration of activities and determine schedules to meet business and project objectives.
- Engages business analysts, business units, IT infrastructure/security and Operations teams to provide needs assessments, program / project planning and management for delivery of projects.
- Accountable for cost estimation and control, budget development, prioritization, coordination, and management of multiple related projects directed toward strategic business objectives.
- Drives projects estimations pursuant to new product upgrades and feature enhancements, system integrations, data conversions, and other changes.
- Develops detailed project plans and deployment schedules, contractual project deliverables, and other artifacts as required
- Works with Business Analysts to develop functional, interface, conversion, and infrastructure requirements as well as manage execution of internal and external change requests and other deliverables and milestones per contractual project work plans and schedules
- Manages all aspects of project execution including: chartering, scope definition, requirements gathering, project planning, change control, risk management and provide status reporting on project milestones and deliverables to senior leadership and customers
- Identifies, monitors, mitigates and resolves project risk, issues, dependencies, constraints, assumptions, and delays; escalates issues to both client and internal senior management stakeholders as appropriate
- Ensures adherence to consistent processes, standards, and total quality practices
- Proactively communicates project status, issues and risks to management
- Follows departmental policies, procedures and methodologies
- Conducts regular status meetings with all stakeholders, keeping the stakeholders’ needs and requirements continuously in view
- Works in tandem with the staff to ensure resource constraints are monitored and work is delegated to staff in a timely fashion
- Facilitates the Change Management program and provides status updates on requests to the appropriate
- Provides assistance to other departments on their individual projects.
- Attends and participates in all meetings, trainings, and committees as required.
- Satisfactorily completes all required compliance training and complies with regulations which apply within the scope of the position to include Bank Secrecy Act compliance.
- Participates in community and civic events to promote awareness of the Credit Union in the community.
- Ensures work area and assigned equipment is clean, secured and well-maintained.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Leads projects that are on time and on budget.
- Processes, documents, records, reports and files accurately and promptly.
- Captures lessons learned during the project life cycle and ensures that lessons are applied to future projects.
- Good communication and coordination exist with Credit Union personnel. Assistance is provided as needed.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities.
- Fortera Core Values are satisfactorily demonstrated.
Special Note: Fortera Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy genetic information, religious preference, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other trait protected by state or federal law.
Please be advised, visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Able to accurately assess the cultural environment, exhibiting emotional intelligence and appropriate sensitivity while maintaining individuality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Visio.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Attentive to detail.
- Comfortable leading meetings with good presentation skills.
- Willing to assist and work in a cooperative manner with others.
- Able to meet deadlines and maintain an effective and efficient workflow.
- Professional dress, appearance, and attitude
- Ability to work well under pressure while always promoting a professional image the Credit Union.
- Ability to work independently, as a team, and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to move multiple streams of work forward simultaneously.
- Regular and predicable attendance.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
- Using fingers and palm on an object.
- Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Average Visual Abilities:
- Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally. (Almost all office jobs.)
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited standardization. Able to interpret various instructions.
- Ability to perform basic math skills and to use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Able to read a variety of books, magazines, instruction manuals, atlases, and encyclopedias. Ability to prepare memos, reports, and essays using proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar. Ability to communicate distinctly with appropriate pauses and emphasis, correct pronunciation (or sign equivalent), and variation in order using present, perfect, and future tenses.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of four years of project management experience. Project management experience may be substituted year-for-year for the education requirement (i.e., 8 years of project management experience may be substituted for the educational requirement).
- PMP Certification preferred or must be able to obtain within 1 year.
- Project management experience in the financial services industry (bank, credit union, etc.) is a plus.