City of Clarksville Parks and Recreation – Seasonal Pool Manager (Part-time)
Under direct supervision of the Aquatics Superintendent and Aquatic Coordinator, this position oversees the day-to-day operations of a city pool. Ensures that all appropriate water health and safety standards are maintained.
Example of Duties
- Schedules employees and ensures that the facility is properly staffed. Approves all shift substitutions and time off requests. Calculates and turns in time cards every Monday.
- Supervises deck activity, lifeguards, pool attendants, cashiers, and patrons.
- Oversees the established aquatic programs and activities providing a high level of customer service.
- Evaluates personnel by submitting employee performance reviews to the Aquatics Superintendent.
- Oversees the maintenance of the pool and facility, to include chemistry, cleanliness, and other related maintenance.
- Participates and assists in all training sessions.
- Maintains records of operational facility usage; monitors and maintains inventories of pool equipment and supplies.
- Maintains and updates knowledge of current practices in Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR, AED, and other operations. Assumes responsibility for the health and safety of the patrons.
- Responds quickly and effectively to all rescue or emergency situations. Performs first aid, CPR, and AED techniques as necessary.
- Responds to inquiries and requests received from patrons.
- Ensures that all possible safety measures are observed, including taking proper care of equipment and conducting regular inspections.
- Reports information regarding unsafe or suspicious activity including but not limited to: break-ins, accidents, chlorine levels, chlorine leaks, acid leaks, chemical problems, and all mechanical issues to the Aquatics Superintendent.
- Completes Accident and Incident report forms to be turned into the Aquatic Superintendent.
- Enforces pool rules and maintains discipline following department procedures and regulations.
- Performs related duties as assigned by Aquatics Superintendent or Aquatics Coordinator.
- Works together as a team with other Aquatics Staff and other departments.
- Performs with a high level of customer service and ensures a positive customer experience.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor, including abiding by uniform requirements.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Integrity, self-motivation and the ability to work cooperatively with respect for members, guests, and other employees;
- Current certification for lifeguarding methods and procedures preferred;
- Current certification for Lifeguard Instructor and Water Safety instructor preferred;
- Current certification for First Aid, CPR, and AED preferred;
- Knowledge of rules and regulations governing conduct of the public at the Indoor Aquatic Facility;
- Ability to enforce rules and address employees’ and/or patrons’ questions and concerns in a diplomatic and professional manner;
- Skill in maintaining swimming pool filtration and sanitation systems;
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to understand and abide by department customer service standards and procedures;
- Lifting, usually 50 pounds or less;
- Must be able to respond to situations quickly and accurately.
Must be able to work with little to no temperature control and is routinely exposed to various chemicals (i.e., chlorine, muriatic acid, cleaning materials, and disinfectants). Exposed to extreme heat and humidity, works on uneven and/or slippery surfaces, and is periodically exposed to hazardous conditions/situations.NOTE:
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department. This position is part-time seasonal. No sick leave or vacation is accrued and there are no paid holidays. There are no set number of hours guaranteed on the weekly work schedule and all work schedules are subject to change.