TO APPLY PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK: https://www.teamworkonline.com/hockey-jobs/nashville-predators/sabertooth-sports-entertainment-jobs/staff-accountant-2027308
|Job Title:||Staff Accountant|
|Employer:||Sabertooth Sports & Entertainment (“SS&E”)|
|Job Location:||F&M Bank Arena Clarksville, TN (“FMBA”)|
|Job Reports to:||Director of Finance|
|About the Role:||This position will be responsible for functions related to finance and accounting for FMBA such as preparing and maintaining financial records to track the organizations assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.|
|Perks:||In addition to medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, (active the first of the month following hire date) all full-time employees of the SS&E are eligible for the following: referral bonuses, 401K eligibility (after 1 year of employment), priority access to event presales at FMBA and Bridgestone Arena , tickets to events (when available), Nashville Locker Room (pro shop) discount, 19+ days of paid time off each year, work from home opportunities (if applicable), Ford Ice Center programming discount, on demand pay, and bonus potential.|
|Equal Opportunity Employer:||SS&E is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability status, genetic information, or any other applicable federal or state protected classification. The organization celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
- Perform monthly financial activities for FMBA as outlined below:
- Complete month end close process to include (but not limited to): journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, Ticketmaster schedules, bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, box office reports.
- Create/update schedules and submit payment of Seat User Fees (SUC) and Capital Improvement Fees (CIF) to Montgomery County for FMBA.
- Account for parking, merchandise, and concessions income and calculate corresponding payouts.
- Compile financial statements.
- Perform monthly detailed review of balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare monthly forecast for Arena financial results. Perform analyses of key Arena activities.
- Assist in preparation of reports for Sports Authority meetings, as requested by the Director of Finance.
- Responsible for processing all accounts payable information in a quick, accurate and efficient manner for FMBA and related entities, including, but not limited to the following:
- Review invoices and expense reports for proper documentation, accuracy, and approvals.
- Enter invoices and expense reports into Intacct (accounting software), PaperSave (approval software) and spreadsheets.
- Print and distribute checks
- Handle vendor inquiries.
- Complete third party requests for W-9s.
- Serve as a representative for FMBA event settlements in the absence of the Director of Finance.
- Prepare and distribute Form 1099s; file Form 1096s for all entities.
- Primary point of contact for Accounts Receivable which includes preparing monthly customer statements, weekly AR reports, and assist with the preparation of invoices.
- Work with trade partners to track trade usage consistent with contracts and balance sheet accounts.
- Manage Purchase Order system.
- Manage petty cash funds for the FMBA. Maintain receipts and replenish cash.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Degree in accounting or related field required.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft programs (Excel, Word).
- Familiarity with Intacct and PaperSave accounting package preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact at all levels across the organization.
- Ability to exercise extreme confidentiality and discretion on a daily basis.
- Extremely detail-oriented with ability to create accurate and timely reports.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and some holidays.
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicants will be subject to a background check, including a criminal history check, driving history and character references.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, possess a suitable driving history and be insurable by SS&E’s insurance carrier (without conditions).
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Physical activities include sitting, walking and standing for prolonged periods of time, as well as bending, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, balancing and handling of materials.
- Ability to speak and communicate clearly with others.
- Must be willing to work in cold temperatures.
- Lifting requirements – must be able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs.
- High finger dexterity.
- Excellent speaking and listening skills, requiring the perception of speech.
- Office Equipment (PC based desktop, Multi-line Phone System, etc.)
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments.