|Working Title||Administrative Assistant 2|
|If temporary, list duration|
|Type of Appointment||Fiscal|
|Contract Period||12 month|
Position Summary Information
Position will report directly to the Chief Government and Community Relations Officer and Secretary to the Board, and will provide occasional support for the Office of the President, when needed.
|Primary Duties and Responsibilities||
– Assist with arrangements for the Board of Trustees meetings.
– Regularly maintain the Board of Trustees website.
– Generate reports on pending and passed legislation.
– Prepare meeting agendas, materials, scripts and minutes for review and approval.
– Prepare and submit travel authorizations and claims.
– Prepare, enter, and monitor status of work orders.
– Answer telephones and assist callers.
– Perform other related duties as assigned.
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities||
– Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel and relevant proprietary software).
– Ability to accurately prepare and process records, requisitions and reports.
– Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
– Ability to detect and correct grammatical and spelling errors in written correspondence.
– Ability to maintain files accurately, in paper and in software programs.
– Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations, the University community and the public.
– Ability to maintain confidential information.
– Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
|Required Minimum Qualifications||
– High school graduate or equivalent.
– Prior office experience.
– Demonstrated ability to generate documents, spreadsheets, and reports using a computer and appropriate software.
– A background check will be required of the successful applicant.
– An official transcript (if applicable) and names, addresses and phone numbers of three (3) references will be required for the successful applicant.
Posting Detail Information
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
If Applicable – An unofficial transcript will be required of all interviewed applicants prior to the interview, and an official transcript will be required of the selected candidate before the candidate will be offered a position. So as to not delay the interview process for this position, it is highly suggested that you have your unofficial transcript available in PDF, Microsoft Word or Excel format. Attach your unofficial transcript in the “Optional Documents” section for “Unofficial Transcript”. Please ensure that you attach your transcript before finalizing and submitting your application. You will not be able to attach the transcript or modify your application after it has been submitted.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Other Document