Clarksville-Montgomery County Economic Development Council
Membership Sales Representative
FLSA status: Exempt
Reports to: (Internal) Executive Director, Clarksville Area Chamber of Commerce
(External-Volunteers), Chairman, Clarksville Area Chamber of Commerce
The Clarksville Area Chamber of Commerce’s Membership Sales Representative is the commissioned sales individual under the direction of the Executive Director. The primary function of the MSR is to recruit new members to the organization through prospecting.
- Generate revenue through the sale of membership to the Chamber.
- Responsible for new client prospecting which includes telephone calls, follow up from events, member referrals, networking, cold calling and leveraging existing relationships
- Provide proactive member service and timely follow up that meets and exceeds the Chamber standards
- Achieve and exceed quarterly sales goals
- Contribute toward the maintenance of a professional and ethical image for the Chamber.
- Provide additional support for event management and utilize events as a form for retention and member relationship building.
- Sell additional membership benefits as available, promote marketing, networking, and sponsorship opportunities to members to ensure full member benefit.
Knowledge of business-to-business sales and marketing a plus
Excellent presentation skills a must
Strong oral and written communication skills required.
An aggressive, outgoing, personable, and persistent attitude that can overcome adversity.
Very goal oriented and a team player
Experience in outside sales environment or equivalent
Degree in sales or marketing field of study preferred.
*Exempt employees are not subject to wage & hour laws and therefore not compensated for overtime hours.