Microvast Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: MVST) is a technology innovator that designs, develops and manufactures lithium-ion battery solutions. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Houston, TX, Microvast is renowned for its cutting-edge cell technology and its vertical integration capabilities which extends from core battery chemistry (cathode, anode, electrolyte, and separator) to battery packs. By integrating the process from raw material to system assembly, Microvast has developed a family of products covering a broad breadth of market applications. More information can be found on the corporate website: www.microvast.com
Microvast is seeking a Senior Cost Accountant for our Clarksville, TN location.
The Senior Cost Accountant is responsible for finance functions of the plant including duties associated with maintaining a strong internal control environment, oversight cost accounting system and to provide support for project review, maintaining accuracy of the physical inventory, etc.
This position will also provide analytical support to the plant manager, assisting to identify areas of opportunity to reduce costs and improve efficiencies. This position will be viewed as the facility as the “cost expert”, helping manage costs as well as build and sustain a culture of cost control.
- Participates in long range and large projects cost analysis and cost control.
- Prepare and support month-end closings including cost accounting journals and account reconciliations. Participate in month, quarter, and year-end closing activities.
- Ensure accurate inventory valuation and assist with periodic inventories.
- Understand and adhere to internal control procedures related to areas works and participate in controls documentation and evaluation. Perform selected internal control procedures and document performance.
- Control, monitor, and report on inventory valuation, standard cost, and production variances; Analyze product costs and variances associated with purchased and manufactured goods.
- Ensure accurate costs standards are established and variances properly recorded.
- Reviews and updates product cost, analyzes variances; Calculates, monitors and updates labor and overhead rates for product costing.
- May perform other financial or special projects and analyses as required by the facility manager or as needed for monthly, quarterly or annual financial and strategic reviews.
BS degree in accounting, finance, or related field with accounting concentration
CPA or with engineer background preferred
Manufacture CIP project experiences preferred
3-5 years of experiences in all aspects of manufacturing accounting and project accounting.
Strong interpersonal skill, ability to interact with all levels of employees, management, and outside vendors.
Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills.
How to Apply:
Please send resume to Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org