Montgomery County Government
|Job Title:||Operations Team Leader|
|Reports To:||Operations Foreman|
|Prepared By:||Human Resources|
|Prepared Date:||August 2021|
*Montgomery County Government adopted the State of Tennessee’s Hybrid Retirement Plan to be effective January 1, 2017. Any new full-time employee hired on or after January 1, 2017 will be required to enroll. As a member of the Hybrid Plan, you are required to contribute at least 5% of your salary to the defined benefit portion of the Hybrid Plan. Contributions are made on a tax-deferred basis.
The purpose of this job is to coordinate and participate in the work of an assigned crew. Duties and responsibilities include working with crews, preparing various reports, and maintaining equipment and supplies.
EXPECTATIONS OF EMPLOYEE
- Adheres to County Government Policy and Procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside the work environment
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Demonstrates awareness and understanding of the various internal and external cultures that utilize department services
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Meets County Government productivity and quality standards
- Maintains appropriate customer relations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares materials and equipment for assigned jobs which may include inspecting materials, checking fluid levels on equipment, and performing related duties.
- Operates heavy, specialized equipment, which may include: back-hoes, rubber tire loaders, large dump trucks, and related equipment.
- Transports equipment and/or materials to designated job site(s).
- Inspects, maintains, and performs basic repairs to equipment.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of operational records and reports.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Encourages all employees to report any hazardous and unsafe conditions immediately.
- Helps to install pipes, asphalt, r/o/w mowing, bridge repair, concrete work or mechanical work.
- Be available to be on call 24hrs a day even holidays and weekends.
- Ensures all employees have safety equipment on and are following the rules.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
This position requires a High school diploma (or GED); and any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience for a minimum of one year that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
This position requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and intermediate computer literacy.
Incumbent must possess the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Incumbent must possess the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Incumbent must possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Incumbent must possess the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must hold a valid Tennessee driver’s license with a CDL class B or higher license.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The incumbent frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb or balance. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and is not a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be assigned job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.