To be considered for this position, you must apply on the Fortera website. Apply at https://www.forteracu.com/careers
Accounting and Finance
Responsible for analyzing and reconciling detailed general ledger accounts and daily work as assigned. Keeps records and accounts accurate and current. Researches and resolves outages, discrepancies, and accounting errors. Performs clerical duties and assists with other accounting functions as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Reconcile loan related general ledgers and other general ledgers.
- Reconciles loan transactions, and other transactions on a daily basis.
- Posts corrections, adjustments, and other transactions to appropriate general ledger accounts.
- Perform reconciliation of share and loan types daily.
- Provide monthly reconciliation for general ledgers as assigned.
- Perform any required daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly journal entries as assigned.
- Maintain documents related in accordance with record retention policies and procedures.
- Monitor and work on selected reports as assigned.
- Make recommendations to Supervisor for upgrading procedures, policies or resources to improve the efficiency and timeliness of assigned functions.
- Cross-train within department and on assigned backup responsibilities.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and committees as required.
- Participate in community and civic events to promote awareness of the Credit Union in the community.
- Satisfactorily completes all required compliance training and complies with all regulations which apply within the scope of the position to include Bank Secrecy Act compliant.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Work area and equipment are clean, secure and well maintained.
- Accounting documents, records, and reports are prepared, maintained, and typed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Department files are appropriately maintained.
- Account reconciliations are correct and completed in a timely manner.
- Good communication and coordination exist with Credit Union personnel. Assistance and support are provided as needed.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities.
- Accounting functions are completed in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures.
- Fortera core values are satisfactorily demonstrated.
Special Note: Fortera Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy genetic information, religious preference, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other trait protected by state or federal law.
Please be advised, visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Attentive to detail and accurate.
- Cooperative and willing to assist others.
- Able to use PC, related software applications and standard office equipment.
- Professional dress, appearance, and attitude.\
- Able to work independently, as a team, and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to meet deadlines and maintain an effective and efficient workflow.
- Able to work well under pressure while always promoting a professional image of the Credit Union.
- Regular and predictable attendance
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
- Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Average Visual Abilities:
- Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally. (Almost all office jobs.)
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited standardization.
- Able to interpret various instructions.
- Ability to compute discount, interest, profit, and loss; commission markup and selling price; ratio and proportion and percentage.
- Able to perform very simple algebra.
- Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instruction manuals, atlases, and encyclopedias.
- Ability to prepare memos, reports, and essays using proper punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Ability to communicate directly with appropriate pauses and emphasis; correct punctuation (or sign equivalent), and variation in word order; using present, perfect, and future tenses.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business, or equivalent combination of education and years of work experience
Required Knowledge :
- Knowledge of related computer applications.
- Familiarity with basic accounting procedures.
- MS Excel
- Five years of accounting experience preferably in a financial institution.
- Previous Credit Union experience preferred.