Job Title: Director of Finance
Job Reports to: General Manager of F&M Bank Arena
Arena Contact: SVP, CFO of Finance
Location: F&M Bank Arena (in-person)
Please Apply using this link: https://www.teamworkonline.com/hockey-jobs/nashville-predators/nashville-predators/director-of-finance-clarksville-tn-2012992
Our budgeted salary range for this role is 65K-70K. If this is not within your pay expectations, please do not apply.
- Responsible for oversight of staff and functions related to finance and accounting for F&M Bank Arena, under Sabertooth Sports and Entertainment, LLC. (SS&E) and any related entities, directing the organization’s overall day to day financial policies and accounting practices, including financial statement preparation, and reporting, annual budgeting and ongoing forecasting, daily cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and balance sheet reconciliation. Ensure credibility of finance department by providing timely and accurate transactions and analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules.
- Monitor financial performance and communicate relevant fiscal information to senior management, as directed by General Manager and CFO.
- Reconcile and manage proper allocations and reconciliations between F&M Bank Arena and Austin Peay financial operations managed under the SS&E umbrella
- Review and maintain thorough knowledge of detailed monthly financial statement package, including monthly cash flow. Monthly financial reporting package will include, at a minimum, consolidated income statement, balance sheet, and monthly cash flow with support for calculations and year end projections.
- Maintain insurance coverages; manage renewals and premium payment, in conjunction with legal counsel.
- Create and maintain reports requested by senior management and CFO.
- Train and develop finance and accounting staff.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with colleagues in all departments to effectively identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Responsible for filing tax returns, including business tax, franchise tax, and sales tax, among others.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the General Manager, CFO, or other Sr. management.
- Perform monthly financial activities for F&M Bank Arena as outlined below:
- Complete months end close process to include (but not limited to): journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, Ticketmaster schedules, bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, box office reports.
- Create/update schedules, file sales tax returns, and submit payment monthly (to the TN Department of Revenue) for F&M Bank Arena.
- Create/update schedules and submit payment of Seat User Fees (SUC) and Capital Improvement Fees (CIF) monthly (to Metro) for F&M Bank Arena.
- Account for all revenues, including but not limited to; sponsorship, premium, parking, merchandise, concessions, skating and hockey programming, etc.
- Compile financial statements.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts with other entities within the organization
- Perform monthly detailed review of balance sheet accounts.
- Meet with Arena budget managers each month to review financial activity and track projections.
- Calculate event profitability projections and prepare weekly reports for management.
- Assist in preparation of reports for Montgomery County Sports Authority meetings
- Become the arena lease expert as it relates to financial dealings with the Montgomery County Sports Authority
- Serve as representative for F&M Bank Arena event settlements, as schedule dictates
- Review contracts with event promoters.
- Ensure box office receipts, vendor expenses, etc. are within contract parameters.
- Meet with promoter to review and approve financial settlement either the day/night of the event or the following business day
- Bachelor’s degree and/or master’s in accounting, CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Proficient in all Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, and Access)
- Familiarity with Intact and Paper Save accounting program is a plus
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20lbs.
- Must have high finger dexterity
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible hours is a must
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check, including criminal history, driving history, previous employment verification and character references.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, possess a suitable driving history and be insurable by company’s insurance carrier (without conditions)
- General Office Equipment (i.e. PC, copier, facsimile machine, etc.)
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401k plan featuring a company match
- Remote work opportunities
- Priority access to event presales
- Complimentary mental health and counseling resources
- Nashville Locker Room discount
- 19+ days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year
- Complimentary tickets to events
- Ford Ice Center benefits, including free programming for employees + discounted programming for family members
- Corporate partner discounts
- Opportunity to receive commissions through Smashville Sales Program
- On Demand Pay
- Much more!
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”