At Trane Technologies we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
The production scheduler is responsible for establishing, reviewing and maintaining the production schedule in alignment with the Master Production Schedule. Establishing the production plan will involve working closely with operations leaders, and others to coordinate manufacturing plans that achieve the company objectives relative to customer service, efficient resource/capacity utilization and inventory investment.
- Establishes production manufacturing priorities for the customer demands consistent with master scheduling requirements, inventory objectives, and service level goals.
- Review and updates changes to item attributes, routings, planning parameters, lead times, safety stock, and shrinkage rates and other system parameters to drive MRP correctly.
- Coordinates Kanban and material requirements.
- Establishes new product group schedules with requirement of the manufacturing build schedule
- Establishes/Implements Engineering Change Orders (ECO), Special Factory Orders (SFO), Deviation Request to determine effectivity dates, and proper part disposition.
- Implements production tools for building to actual customer demands, Kanbans, prioritizing builds, expediting and automating transactions per Lean concepts.
- Manages aftermarket planning.
- Manages rejected and rework product planning.
- Coordinates manufacturing activities and monitors schedule performance against plan to maintain priorities and meet established schedules. Meets daily with cross-functional team to resolve delayed customer shipments, component shortages, overtime, priorities, and identified problems.
- Works the critical shortage reports on a daily basis and updates the appropriate cause codes for service level reporting. Identifies and resolves problems.
- Initiates prioritization of customer demands as a result of changes in plans or customer requirement.
- Ability to effectively make complex decisions with limited time and information and can determine decision making criteria based on priorities.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple disciplines.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and independent problem resolution.
- Data access/retrieval skills with experience in data analysis, data manipulation using MS Excel and/or other tools as provided.
- Working knowledge of ERP system
- BS/BA degree in business or related field preferred. Associates required.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) preferred.
- Experience with rate based or flow line (non-MRP) and job shop manufacturing environments.
- Experience in operations, inventory management, MRP and lean manufacturing processes.
- Experience with visual management systems.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.