As a Sr. HR Generalist, you will support support to a Plant HR leader, the facility Management team, and the employees of the facility. With limited supervision, this role provides HR generalist support for assigned business units, departments, and functions. This includes generalist support in such matters as employee relations, compensation, diversity, talent management, recruiting, and training and development You will also manage, coordinate or participate in various special projects as assigned. Help meet business objectives as they relate to human resources strategy.
- Passion. Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Technical skills. Good knowledge of employment law. Strong employee relations experience.
- Confidentiality. Must maintain strict confidentiality of information accessed in position and area.
- Strong analytical skills. Experience with managing metrics and KPI’s. Strong MS Excel skills.
- Strong prioritizing skills. Must be able to work independently with multiple changing priorities.
- Experience. 5+ years exempt-level human resources experience.
- Education. B.A. in business, human resources or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred experience. Worked in a manufacturing environment with prior knowledge of LEAN and/or Six Sigma methodologies. Have or pursuing a SHRM-CP or PHR certification.
- Support. Develop partnerships to foster trust and maximize the effectiveness of the HR group. Provide senior level support and consultative services to assigned internal customers on matters such as employee relations, conflict resolution, coaching/counseling, recognition, exit interviews, compensation, and other employee related activities. Maintain accurate and detailed electronic employee relations files. Provide guidance and support to HR and/or plant management staff for initiatives and as requested.
- Lead. Develop and administer various human resources communication, projects, such as training, employee engagement and reward and recognition initiatives.
- Create. Manage, coordinate, or participate on special project teams as tools and resources are created and implemented in HR. Participate and collaborate on cross-company HR project teams. Provide guidance and support to HR and/or plant management staff for initiatives and as requested.
- Ensure compliance. Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Represent HR on the facility Staff Level meetings, planning sessions and other meetings as needed.
- Typical/Expected % Of Overnight Travel: Up to 10% travel
LOVE WHERE YOU WORK:
- We care about your health. We offer competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision, coverage) in addition to voluntary benefits including home and car insurance, pet insurance, flexible spending account, amongst many more.
- We invest in your future. We offer a 401K match vested immediately
- We want you to unplug when needed. We believe in taking your time off without guilt, including company paid holidays.
- We care about your development. We support tuition reimbursement after 6 months of service.
Celebrating 125 years of business, Jostens has been a part of local communities, working with K-12 schools, colleges and universities, teams, and affiliation groups. Representatives from Jostens touch thousands of schools and groups every day, working to make a difference with products and services that recognize accomplishments and help people tell their stories. These products, along with resources for educators, yearbook curriculum and services to help motivate and inspire like Jostens Renaissance® and Commitment to Graduate (C2G) are all designed to contribute to a positive and rewarding school experience. As a household name and leading brand in our market, we are passionate about being the most trusted partner in celebrating moments that matter. We are a mid-size company with a small company feel, allowing us to move fast and explore innovative ideas.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
Jostens will provide reasonable accommodations during our application process upon your request, as required, to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please reach out to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (952) 830-3399.
Jostens is a Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.